The Youth in Progress and Partnership for Equality and Exchange (YIPPEE) project is a project funded under the Erasmus + Capacity Building in the Field of Youth Programme which aims to explore opportunities for access to personalized training services for youngsters, limiting the level of inequality existing between young people.
Specifically, the project intends to use digital storytelling to develop greater self-awareness and abilities, to promote active participation in social and cultural life, and to increase employability of young people (especially young people with fewer opportunities).
We are looking for youth workers, social workers of NGOs, and teachers, child care workers who are responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing community programs designed to redress inequalities and/or facilitate the personal, social and emotional development of young people between the ages of 11-30.
The project will involve 2 participants from United Kingdom, Italy, Romania and Hungary and one from Benin.
The selection of Romanian participants will be carried out by the Youth Association from Transylvania, on behalf of the national project coordinator.
The selected candidates will be involved in training actions abroad and in their home country, as specified below, during which they will learn the basic principles and techniques of digital storytelling as a tool for increase the employability of young people in disadvantage conditions useful in informal and non-formal contests and will create digital stories about their work experience.
The selected candidates will be asked for a commitment of about 15 working days for the following activities:
- a digital storytelling training course held in Budapest (HU) from 4th to 8th April 2018;
- a workshop in Romania aimed at transferring skills to use the digital storytelling methodology to young people in disadvantage condition coming from UK, Italy, Hungary, Benin and Romania from 15th to 19th July 2018;
- a period of testing of the methodologies acquired during the engagement activities following up on the learning from the training and workshops.
Participation in the courses is free. Total coverage of travel, board and lodging costs is guaranteed and centrally organized. There are no other refunds.
Interested parties are required:
• motivation to participate in the project and sharing values;
• good experience in youth work in formal, informal and non-formal education, in the cultural sector or in the third sector;
• good knowledge of English;
• basic computer and internet skills;
• developed transversal skills in particular: interpersonal skills and aptitude for group work, ability to autonomously manage assigned tasks, spirit of adaptation
• participation in international mobility
• willingness to apply the learning through follow-up activities in their own localities
Selected candidates will sign a contract with the project coordinator to ensure their commitment.
Candidates who fail to complete the project will be obligated to reimburse the appropriate training and mobility funds allotted for the individual.
- Digital Storytelling methodology and related social media skills
- Enhanced job counselling/youth enablement skill beyond the individual, strengthen organizational capability to provide youth service
- Social and professional experience in an international environment, including with counterparts from outside Europe
- Creative capability to design future youth participation activities
How to apply?
1 read this description of what Digital Storytelling is and how the training is constructed: http://ata-ro.eu/files/DST-preparation_ENG-1.pdf
2 fill this short questionnaire https://goo.gl/forms/cWJKq4vV3nzpU5bv1 so that we can register your application
3 send a Curriculum Vitae that should be presented in European format accompanied by a photo and
3 send a motivation letter.
The deadline to apply is: 9th March 2018. Candidates will be contacted for an interview lead by Youth Association from Transylvania). The selection results will be published on the web site http://ata-ro.eu/en/news.html within the first week of March 2018. To learn more about the project please visit: http://www.ata-ro.eu/en/news/591-new-capacity-building-project-%E2%80%93-yippee.html
Project partners: Anthropolis Antropologiai Kozhasznu Egyesulet (HU) leader, Asociatia de Tineri Din Ardeal (RO), Global Link Lancaster Ltd (UK) Centre Régional De Recherche Et d’Education Pour Un Développement (Benin), Melting Pro (IT).
To learn more about digital storytelling methodology: Center for digital storytelling
Europass CV: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu